Thursday, 3 October 2013

Review: A Sticky End

Joanna Sheen is a prolific crafter and so being an avid fan of hers, crafter and bookworm myself, when I found out she had written a novel (together with Julia Wherrell) I had to have it!  Fortunately I have a super mum (thanks mum) who order a signed copy for me from the Joanna Sheen website which arrived within a couple of days, and I started it immediately.  I think I only, and somewhat reluctantly, put it down to sleep. 

A brief summary of the plot is as follows;
Victoria moves to Devon to experience a slower pace of life after recovering from breast cancer.  She meets the handsome and quirky farmer Albert, and together they try to piece together the clues of a murder in the village of Swaddlescombe. 

The book is filled with delightful and believable characters (having lived in a few villages and having run a pub I speak from experience) who carry the plot along at the pace of pleasant walk up a meandering lane.  It really was a charming read which I didn't want to end.

For me the book was a cross between Agatha's Christie's Marple and Rebecca Tope's Thea Osborne, and I hope they will be many more novels from Jo and Julia.

Publisher: Victoria Farm Press Ltd
2013
10/10 KDS points.

1 comment:

  1. Now im really looking forward to reading it x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x