Thursday, 2 January 2014

2013 Stitchery

Another crafty post to make up for my lack of them during the last year.  Not as many as previous years due to ill health but stitching was something of a solace, and hopefully 2014 will be crafting mad!
Miniature frames for my dad's dollhouse as Yuletide gifts.
I purchased 3 miniature wooden frames from Creative Muster on Etsy, they are extremely well made (I haven't been able to find any this good anywhere else). 
Cross stitched with left over linen & left over stranded cotton, frame stained with brushed corduroy distress ink & finished with gold coloured brads.

 

Blackwork with French knots using leftover cottons and linen, frame gilded with gilding flakes and finished with pearl brads.

 
Scrap of printed material, flowers and leaves stitched over using left over stranded cotton in long stitch, frame coated using permanent gold marker and finished with a bronze coloured brad.


Jane Greenoff Poppy Watbo (made in miniature) - Scissor Keeper for my mum as a Yule Gift.  Photos of the three frames and Watbo were shown on Create and Craft tv.


 

My lovely OH bought me this kit from Wilkinson, easy & quick to stitch, we have two of these little fellas on our tree.  I wanted to get some others (they had other animals) but unfortunately they had sold out.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. what beautiful stitchery and super gifts....bestest in 2014
    Daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing you must have very good eyesight to stitch something so small they all look beautiful wish my eyes were as good look forward to seeing your next projects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I particularly like the first wooden frame. My Kirstie is a talented Lady! ;) all my love, Martha xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x