Thursday, 2 January 2014

Handmade cards from 2013

I decided my blog is seriously lacking crafty posts so I thought I would share some of my cards from 2013!  I have tried to include a few details of what I used to make them.


Birthday card made using Joanna Sheen's Faye Whittaker CD-rom.
 
Cross Stitch Kit from Mouseloft with paw print stamped card.
I used my Splodgeaway masks (for the first time) and distress inks for this but I couldn't decide what to use it for.  However the problem was solved when my mum fell in love with it so it now has a new home!
My first attempt at Zentangle, a birthday card for a friend.
 
A Thinking of You Card, made using distress inks, flower soft and my beautiful silhouette Lavina Stamps which my lovely sister bought for me!
 

Card for a friend, ironically this particular image is actually called Amy!  The image and cherry backing paper (Dolly Mixtures pad) are from Craftwork cards, the word AMY was stamped using patchwork alphabet stamps and the Time to Celebrate stamp is from Little Claire Designs (I think?) and all the colouring was using Promarkers.
This was a bespoke commission for a vintage tea party birthday card.  I used various stamps including Clarity stamps for the leaves around the walls, Card-io stamps to make the pots of flowers and hanging baskets, the bunting, table cloth and curtains are scraps of fabric from my stash (which I knew would come in handy one day!), acetate for the windows and jewellery chain for the hanging baskets.  It was enormous fun to make!

This male birthday card was made using the Kraftyhands Hollywood Legends CD-rom.  I used a peel-off on the saloon doors 'Another Birthday?' and the quote inside  'Well there are some things a man just can't run away from.'  is from the film Stagecoach.
Paper and ribbons from my stash, image from Debbi Moore Designs Vintage Images CD-rom.
Christmas Card using Sheena Douglass A little Bit Festive Stamp Range, Promarker pens and white Graph It pen.  The back of the truck is carrying a decoupaged Christmas tree.

 
Some of my Christmas cards made using a kit from Debbi Moore Designs, of course I just had to add some extra sparkle and glitter!
 
This Christmas card features an image from Hunkydory, some dark mirror board embossed mat and die cut elements and washi snowflake tape.
These were two separate decoupage sheets which I combined so it looks as if the two are one big toy shop window.
 
Not as many cards as I normally make in a year but I have suffered from ill health over the past few months but hope to back on track for 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's a clever idea love it .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love these cards they are so different and so beautiful and pretty x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x