Thursday, 16 January 2014

Recycled Wreath

My parents bought this lovely Yule wreath for hubby and I which, being superstitious, I took down on 6th January but I couldn't bear to part with it.  It festered in the spare room for a few days and as I watched it turn greyish and fade I thought it looked more like an icy winter wreath.  Light bulb moment...I stripped it of it's decorations (naturally keeping the ribbon and baubles and adding them to my stash), made and fixed some grey satin ribbon roses to it and hung it on a silver ribbon...what do you think?

I'm addicted to making these.

4 comments:

  1. Well that's a lovely idea its very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your winter wreath is so pretty Tracy!...I think I'd like to have different themed wreaths through the year..
    Happy Sunday,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. It's nice to get extra life out of something with a little alteration. Your ribbon roses look great and perfect for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really lovely and clever idea. To take something that most people would throw away, and make it look new again is fabulous

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x