Monday, 31 March 2014

Family, friends and fun...oh a little bit of craft too!

The weekend before last I was super exciting as I was to off to meet some of crafty heroines and buy some crafty stash!  Shopping and girly gossip what more does a girl need?!?! I left hubby at home to have boys day with our Newf, Fergus, and headed to the NEC with my lovely mum and sister there was lots of giggling and gossiping!

If you have never been to the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC but love crafting or Sewing you NEED to go, it truly is a crafting/sewing heaven...and your bank manager's worst nightmare!

The hall was packed with craft stalls selling all sorts of goodies; papers, cards, stamps, dies, glitter, inks, there were demos, workshops and take & makes to join in with too.   We spent so long looking around the craft hall we didn't even get to see the Sewing and Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch halls so next time we are going for 2 days - can you tell I'm smiling as I write this!

I was lucky enough to meet and have my photo taken with the very talented Barbara Gray, I'm addicted to buying Clarity stamps and masks and love to watch her In The Classroom shows on tv.  To me she is not just a crafter she is a real artist!

Probably my most favourite crafter is Carley Duff.  Watching her show on a Thursday lunchtime is a Joy!  Not only does Carley bring fabulous products to us but she brings a ray of sunshine, and her enthusiasm and passion for craft is contagious!  I should know I am well and truly struck down with it and there is no cure!  Her show is very interactive.  She always answers emails sent into the show and has a Barmy Crafty Army on Facebook.  I was also lucky enough to meet some of her design team, Donna, Gill & Michelle.  There are such a lovely bunch of girlies and it was a wonderful atmosphere around their stand - full of fun and laughs!

Here are some pics of me meeting the 'girls' and my stash from the show.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your post they are so well written and full of fun. I a trip to the NEC is a must for all who enjoy any type of crafting, and a 2 day trip is need to see and do all the that is on offer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so lovely to meet you Tracy....you are an inspiration to us!! Glad you had a lovely time...hope to meet up again!! Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x