Wednesday, 12 March 2014

How to be ULTRABLAND....

Like a lot of 'girly' girls I love cosmetics and other lotions and potions, but I happen to be extremely fussy and whilst I'm willing to pay good money for creams and cosmetics I want high quality products and value for money, don't we all!  My skin is very sensitive and also quite dry, over recent weeks my eyelids have been increasingly sensitive.  I felt what really needed tackling was the removal of eye make-up, I tried many cleansers and creams including ones specifically designed to remove eye make-up but I hadn't been overly impressed with anything, there always seemed to be a lot of scrubbing involved.

I've always been a huge fan of Lush but only every bought bath bombs and bubble bars, I've never really bought what I would consider to be essentials.  I contacted the lovely peeps at Lush via the power of Facebook and they recommended Ultrabland.  So off I toddled to my (almost) local Lush and they very kindly gave me a small sample pot.

'Based on an ancient Roman formula for cold cream, Ultrabland is beautifully simple and very effective. Made with almond oil, rose water, beeswax and honey, this cleanser removes all traces of dirt and makeup, without stripping away your skin’s natural defences.' text from Lush website

I have used cold creams in the past but I tended to find them a bit thick so I was sceptically.  Using my fingers to rub the cream onto my face, I left it on to do it's magic whilst I brushed my pearly whites (I even multitask my beauty regime!) and then using a reusable washable cotton pad (better for the environment than disposables) dampened down with warm water I removed all the cream.  I found a couple of gentle wipes over my eye area was enough to remove all trace of make-up, no scrubbing at stubborn eyeliner or mascara.

At £10.95 for a 100g pot it's definitely worth the pennies.  I found that I didn't need much, it smells beautiful and left my skin feeling nourished.  I purchased a full pot within the week, and I feel anything but Ultrabland! 8/10 KDS stars (a little pricey but worth the money.)
Stock Photo from Lush website

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a must buy I do love Lush x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x