Sunday, 27 April 2014

Creata Blog Challenge # 26 Monochrome

My entry for the Creata Blog Challenge.  I decided to use tones of my favourite colour. I love purple because it's a healing colour, it's a great colour to wear anytime of the year and it reminds me of chocolate! 

I decided on a technique which I haven't used for a while, iris folding, it takes time but I find it very relaxing.  Here is a simple guide to iris folding.
 
Cut strips of paper approximately 1cm wide.  You can use lots of different colours, tones of the same colour (monochrome) as I have done here, different patterned paper (a great way to use of your old stash) or one plain colour, each will give a slightly different look.









Trim down to lengths which overhang the edges of your aperture(s).







Fold one edge over of each strip. 



Inside/back of aperture
Overlap each strip fixing into place with double sided tape.






Front of card.












And your finished card should look something like this.


Products used;
Creata Aperture Card
Creata Patterned papers
Creata Mirror Board

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Tracy, thanks so much for entering the Creat Challenge!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card nice to see something different x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! I would never have the patience to do this. Always fantastic to see something different :-)

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x