Monday, 16 June 2014

Fathers Day Card

Yesterday was Fathers Day (UK) so today I thought I would share the card I made for my dad.  Male cards can be really difficult, I find the best way to start is with a theme or colours. These papers were from Making Cards magazines, matting and layering the summer scene onto blue and yellow, I adhered this to a piece of kraft card and mounted onto a black card.  Using letter buttons from my stash I mounted the word Father on to blue paper and matted and layered on to yellow paper and then kraft card.  The spotty ribbon across the bottom is washi tape (of which I seem to have an abundance!) and then a gingham ribbon hand-tied bow fixed with a blue fuzzy brad.


 I hope you all had a good weekend however you spent it.  Crafty Blessings. x

I would like to enter this into the following challenges;
Just for Fun: Here Comes Summer http://laineyscraftyspace-justforfun.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/new-challenge-and-little-announcement.html
Totally Gorjuss: Dad http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-240-dad.html
A Girl Who Crafts Anything Goes Challenge No 1 http://agirlwhocraftschalengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/anything-goes-no-1.html

6 comments:

  1. Love this Father's Day card, the letter buttons are fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, A beautiful fathers Day card. Love the image.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Tracy, love the design and image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Tracy beautiful colours, I love the letter tiles to x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card
    Thankyou for entering it into agirlwhocrafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Tracy! I too struggle with man cards, as my male box on my stall shows lol!
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog... you asked about the bunting on the wedding card...it's attached using acetate strips...hope that helps! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x