Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Inchy with a twist notebook

As part of lots of Facebook groups I regularly take part in swaps, my favourite one is the cross stitch Inchy with a twist swap, this month (June 2014) was an inchy for a notebook.

Rather than purchasing a notebook I decided to make mine using the faux leather technique.  If you haven't seen my post on this click here. 

Once the cover had dried I used a piece of fabric from my stash to cover the inside.  I cut the fabric slightly larger than the cover and used my trusty Cosmic Shimmer glue to adhere it to the inside.


I left it to dry over night.


The next day I trimmed the whole thing with my guillotine, it chopped through the fabric and faux leather no problem.

I used a corner punch to round of the corners.
I then marked with a pencil at regular intervals along the inside spine of the cover and made holes using my pokey tool.  I used an old writing pad for the pages, trimming them down to a size slightly smaller than the cover, again marking and making the holes, I did these in batches of three sheets, and stitched them in to the cover as three separate sets.  Setting them slightly apart so the holes die tear.   For full instructions on how to put the notebook together please view the video by the very talented Sheena Douglass


I stitched the inchy using a stitchy initial design from Cross Stitch Alphabets by Sue Cook book.
Ta-da, here is the finished article, I hope my swap partner likes it!  Crafty & Stitchy Blessings. x

I would also like to enter this in to the following challenges;

Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes June 2014 - http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/sisters-of-craft-june-anything-goes.html
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #77 Anything goes with optional twist of Pink - http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-77-anything-goes-woptional.html
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes - http://ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/ttcrd-challenge-june-24.html

9 comments:

  1. What a clever idea it looks lovely very pretty cross stitch x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique and I am itching to try it out. I've never tried cross stitch before but doing a small one doesn't seem so daunting
    Love it and thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great project, I love using the faux leather technique - the inchy is great too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Tracey and ty for the tutorial hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous embossing and a great tutorial.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaaay a crafty army recruit working hard :) Such a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for entering it into the Sisters of Craft challenge blog and good luck. Tina DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and tutorial, thank you for sharing. Thank you for joining TTCRD tchallenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah another crafty army sister - fab book i love making these too. Thanks for entering the Sisters of Craft challenge. Gill DT x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x