Friday, 6 June 2014

Just plain Gorjuss

I thought I would share with you a few makes I've created used the Gorjuss range.
 
This was a birthday card for a Bestie.  I used Kraft card for the main card and folded it to make two flaps that slightly overlapped, I cut the shelves of books paper from the 8 x 8 paper pack into three strips and used two of them to cover the front panels.  I threaded black and white twine (fromt eh packaging) through two buttons (I love these tiny Gorjuss buttons, they are so cute) and stuck them on the front to look like door knobs.  I used one of the Gorjuss frame with lines stamps on to patterned paper from the 8x8 pad and used Happy Birthday Amy gold peel-offs from my stash.


 
 
I stamped the entire inside with the Creata script stamp.  I feel like I should whisper this next bit, I stamped the paper family inside a book, yes a real book, it was sitting unloved in a charity shop, so I decided to put it to good use, it now rests happily amongst my crafty stash waiting for the next opportunity to be loved. 
I stamped and cut this image out twice.  I use the third strip of book shelves paper from the 8x8 pack and cut it into four blocks and mounted on copper coloured Creata mirri board. 
I stamped the Gorjuss standing on books image twice so I could make the book pile slightly taller, added the stamped book image to her hand.  The bow in her hair I made from a piece of the package.  By stamping the image for a third time on to patterned paper I was able to use it for her dress. 
I coloured in the rest of the image using Graph It Markers in the following colours 1210, 1230, 1230, 2105, 3140, 3190, 3250, 4115, 4120, 4125, 5140, 5215, 6150, 6290, 7119, 7180, 8270, 8280,8290, 9100, 9201,9401,9401, 9405, 9407 and white shaker.
 
Instead of using a traditional envelope for this card I wrapped it in brown paper and tied with string, using more of the patterned paper to make the tag.
 
I was inspired to make this card because of my bestie's love of books (one of the many things we have in common) and then I had the idea to use the stack of books as a piece of jewellery.  Stamping the image on shrink plastic I cut around it, made the hole and used my heat tool to heat it up.  I coloured it used permanent markers (by colouring the piece were the image's toe is on the top book gold I made it look like a latch) and threaded onto a chain.  The box I made using an old mini soap box (makes your gifts smell lovely) covered in patterned paper form the 8x8 paper pack.
 
 
Once I started I couldn't stop so here are some photos of a few of my other makes using this particular range.



 This card was made using a purple blank from my stash, purple buttons also from my stash, image, patterned paper, black buttons, twine, ribbon (from the packaging) and stamps all from the Gorjuss range.
My First Pop-Up Box

The image at the front I cut from the Gorjuss mini notelets and coloured it with pencils, I used the heart from the packaging as a template to make hearts from the patterned paper, I also used images and patterned paper from the 8x8 paper pack, buttons, ribbon from the packaging and finally I twisted a few strips of paper which I had cut from around one of the mini notelets attached them between some of the different elements.
This was made using the packaging from the stamps and a small piece of striped paper from the 8x8 pack and a Joanna Sheen tassel.

This range is delightful and so versatile, and you can't help smiling to yourself as you create cute and adorable pieces.

Crafty Blessings x

Please note I have not been paid to use these products or endorse them, they were purchases using my own pennies and I am sharing them with you because I enjoyed using them.

 


2 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW what an amazing selection of cards and crafty makes you have such a talent totally beautiful makes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy what fabulous creations you are so talented - thanks for dropping by my blog hun appreciated - have a great day hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x