Friday, 13 June 2014

May Review and June's Choice

I really surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying this!  It's the first time I've read a graphic novel and I can only describe the experience like reading a book quickly and watching a film slowly.  I found myself studying the graphics to see if I could pick up any clues!  I have never read the book or watched the movie but I'm keen to see it now, the original and the Daniel Craig version.  Reading this definitely opened up a whole new reading genre to me. 

Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and astonishing corruption.

My choice for June was a gift from one of my besties, Again The Magic - Lisa Kleypas
Publisher: Avon
2004

1 comment:

  1. I have only seen the film, I really should read the book!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x