Sunday, 15 June 2014

More Inspiration for A Quirky Faerie World!

I absolutely love this image from Crackerbox Palace, it reminds me of cool breezes, bubbling streams and faery tales I used to tell myself.  On long car journeys I would pretend to be walking amongst the clouds playing with the faeries and visiting their castles.  This bookmark is a reflection of that world.

Once again I have used the Sleeping Faery Dreama and Cloud digi images from Crackerbox Palace printed on to printable acetate, usually alcohol markers won't work on acetate but because this has a rough side I found the brighter colours did work.  (I've now invested in a set of permanent markers.)  I build the bookmark up with blue textured card stock from my stash and glue all three layers with cosmic shimmer glue (have to endorse this glue again because it's just awesome - it dries clear, has a small nozzel and dries quickly but gives you enough time to manoeuvre your bits and pieces if they aren't straight - I have to thank Hazel at Dragon's Paper Craft in Rugby for recommending this.)  The tassel is from Joanna Sheen, the stamped F and T on the back sentiment were a set of stamps from Poundland, the rest of the wording is written with blue Glitz It Glitter Glue and I used pink gems from my stash on the dress.  Another fun creation.



I hope you like my little creation.  Now why not have a go at your own Quirky Faerie World make, the rules are very simple, make your creation using a faery and 3 elements from the faery ring, all the info is here on the Quirky Crafts Challenges blog.  There are digital images up for grabs and every person who enters can have 10% off anything from the Crackerbox Palace website!  We all look forward to seeing your quirky faery world makes. Crafty Blessings. x

2 comments:

  1. A lovely colourful book mark. Am now following you on Bloglovin so will be able to keep in touch. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the this bookmark I find your ideas very inspirational. the colours are so summery and bright a pleasure to look at x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x