Monday, 9 June 2014

My first EVER Guest Designer spot...eeek!

I was so delighted to win the Quirky Crafts Challenges with my Peacock Fae card (if you missed this post just click here) and even more excited to be accepted as a Guest Designer for the 'A Quirky Faerie World' challenge.  The quirky faerie digi images I have worked with are provided courtesy of Crackerbox Palace, to visit their store click here.  They are also sponsoring the 'A Quirky Faerie World Challenge' over at Quirky Crafts Challenges. 

As soon as I saw the first image I knew I had to make it a reflection.  That's the beauty of digi images you can easily flip them over, it is possible with rubber stamps using a brayer, but digi images are just a few clicks from being flipped or turned. 

I used a plain blue pre-scored card, printed the cloud 3 times, the faerie (and another version flipped) and coloured them with Graph It markers 1210, 1230, 2110, 2120, 3245, 3250, 4115, 4120, 4155, 6130, 6140, 6290, 7105, 7110, 7110, 7240, 8110,8240, 8270, silver shaker and blender.
 
I added a Just for You sentiment coloured with a Graph It marker.

Sleeping Faery Dreama

The other image I used inspired me to make something a little more fun.  I decided to make a concertina pop out card.  I stamped part of the sentiment on the outside 'Aim for the moon...' and used a punch and dark blue paper to punch out several moons, I used cosmic shimmer glue (which I can highly recommend) to apply them to the card.  I printed and coloured about six stars digi, coloured them using Graph It markers, and cut them into smaller clusters.  After applying the same dark blue paper to the two outside sections and middle section I applied the clusters of stars, stamped the rest of the sentiment '...and land among the stars.' and then fixed the main digi also coloured with Graph It Markers to the centre.  So I could tie the card shut I adhered a blue spotty ribbon (from my stash) to the back of the card.  The Graph It markers I used were gold shaker, silver shaker, 1250, 2105, 4125, 4135, 5125, 6110, 7105, 7130, 7210, 8280, 8290, 9100, 9303, 9403, 9405.


Fayette
 
I hope my creations have inspired you to take part in the Quirky Crafts Challenge there are Crackerbox Palace dig stamps prizes up for grabs.  So head over to the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog, you have two weeks to share your quirky faerie world!  I can't wait to see what you create. I will be back next weekend with more inspiration for the challenge.  Crafty Blessings. x

7 comments:

  1. Excellent card very quirky absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, Two fabulous cards, love the both, great designs.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy and congrats on your GDT fabulous work hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for share your talent with us. I really love your creations, specially your blue card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous and congratulations on your guest DT.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being a guest designer!
    I love your cards. Such a great idea of making a reflection. the other fairy card is great too, I like the fold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy, didn't you do well for you first GD spot! Thanks for being our guest, your cards are gorgeous.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x