Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Beginning my Yule crafts...

Yes I know it's only July but in the crafty world you have to be months ahead of schedule.  I say every year that I will start my makes mid year for Yule but July drifts in to August, September usually brings an escape to a distant land (time away from home anyway) and then before I know it I'm desperately making lists of all my cards and gifts to make, which end up being far too long for the amount of time left and so they roll over to next year and then I add new things!

For my very first Yule card of 2014 I have used dark blue card which has beautiful sparkle to it, it is actually half a pre-scored card blank (cut in half it means more for money).  The edges have been decorated using silver foil from FoilPlay. I have applied this using a tape runner.  Run the tape around the edges of the card, place the foil down shiny side up, rub, peel away and voila!  This particular silver reflects the blue of the card background if you catch it in the right light.  The holly and berries are cut from Creata green mirri (I am officially addicted to this and possibly need help to wean myself off it!) and Creata A5 Classic Silky paper in wine using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Holly Twigs and Leaves die.  The bells are cut from Creata parchment (these are 5 x 5 inch Parchment cards but I like to cut into them and, yes, get more for my money;-) ) using a Tattered Lace die.  The reindeer is was cut freehand from Creata cardboard pattern pads with glitter and then embossed using a freebie embossing die and sanded back using a nail file.  The 'Let It Snow!' stamp is from the Annamarie Designs Reindeer set.  I couldn't resist a tiny dot of red foil on the tip of the Reindeer's nose.  I then mounted the topper on to foam pads on to Annamarie Kraft Card which I embossed with Kirstie Allsopp Cuttlebug Ditsy Dots embossing folder.  (I use a Joy! die cutting machine and the sandwich required is white A base plate and blue D cutting plate as this is slightly thinner than the black B embossing plate.  I also put the embossing folder towards the middle of the sandwich so it slides in easily at the start and you don't have to force it to start it off.)




If you fancy a spot of Foil Play why not join the Facebook group and take part in the challenge;
Win £15 vouchers to spend at Foil Play - theme: foil (any type of foil, including foiled toppers, mirri card etc) - closing date: 31 July 2014

Take a look a the DT inspiration on the Pinterest board.

I hope I haven't scared you off with this Yule posting!  Crafty Blessings. x

I would like to enter this into the following challenges;

Red Rubber Inspirational - Christmas in July! - Use at least one stamp - http://blog.red-rubber-designs.com/2014/07/inspirational-127-christmas-in-july.html

7 comments:

  1. A great card, hard to think about Christmas cards with the warm sunshine we're having at the moment! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - love the reindeer! Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!! So festive! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, love the deer!! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this cute country Christmas card with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x