Wednesday, 30 July 2014

More Christmas in July!

I'm really enjoying all the 'Christmas in July' type challenges at the moment, it has started my Yuletide creative juices flowing, and, after years of promising to start my Yule cards early and not in the last week of November, I have finally managed it! 

This card was inspired by the challenge on the Stamping Dragon Designs Facebook group.  The digi image is 'Snitch with Holly and Wild Rose' from Stamping Dragon Designs.  I coloured the image with Graph It markers;
Holly; 8190, 8270, 8280, 8290
Centre of Rose; 1140, 1150
Berries; 5220, 5245
Snitch; 9100, 9101, 9201, 9203, 9205,9401, 9403
Shadow; 7105

After cutting the image out I ran it through my JOY! die cutting machine (a little tip I learn from Create & Craft TV) to flatten it and help get rid of the rough edges.  The is mounted on to Anna Marie Designs red dotty card and this in turn is mounted on to Anna Marie Designs green dotty card and finally mounted on to Anna Marie Designs kraft card.  The knotted lace is from Creata, it came in a set of three, you get about 2 metres of each and they are on wooden reels which are beautiful enough to have on display, if you have the room of course!  At the moment virtually everything in my craft room is on display - ooops!

The holly and berries were cut using Holly Twigs and Leaves Spellbinders dies, from Creata metallic card, this photo does not do this product justice, it is lush, and I think I may love it even more than the Creata mirri board.  The sentiment tag and snowflakes are also cut from Creata metallic card using an Xcut Dielicious 4 petal nesting dies and Creata Winter Wishes die.  The sentiment is from the Creata Happy Holidays Clear Stamps set and embossing using Chloe's Creative Cards Totally Teal WOW embossing powder. I added some Sunshine Yellow Flower Soft to the centre of the roses.  The whole topper is mounted on a prescored card (from stash) used in landscape.

 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges;
Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes - http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/


CRAFTY BLESSINGS. x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card and loving the cute image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab Christmas card. Great image. Love these papers loads x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card loving your design its so lovely love and happy crafting
    hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww this is such a cute card, love the moose!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Crafting for all Seasons!

    Have a wonderful day

    Milnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this image and the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Hugs Tina. (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love it! thanks for joining our Anything Goes in August Challenge at Crafting by Designs. mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! Perfect coloring! Thanks for playing at Crafting at the weekend! We hope to see you next time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x