Thursday, 31 July 2014

My final 'Christmas in July' for 2014!

So before saying goodbye to July 2014 I managed to squeeze in one more Yule card.  This cheeky digi of three naughty cats having some fun with a Christmas tree is from Digistamps4Joy and is called Irresistible Bling, I love it.

I decided to use pastel shades instead of traditional for this card.  I used my trusty Graph It markers to colour the image. 
Tree; 7105, 8110, 9201
Pot Shadow; 9501
Ribbon; 7210, 7220
Baubles; 4135, 5115
Lights; Silver Shaker
Angel Decoration; 6130, 6140
Stem and dirt; 3245, 3250
Pot; 5140, 6150
Cats noses and ears; 4145
Cats; White, 1210, 1230, 2105, 2110, 2120

The image is mounted on foam pads on to Creata pink and mint metallic card, then Creata patterned cardboard and finally on to Creata Silver Shade silky card.  I attached a tag but have not attached it with the brad (from my stash) as I didn't want this showing through the back of the card, so I folded the split pin back and then glued it with Cosmic Shimmer, and stamped the word Joy on to the tag.  The bow is cut from Creata patterned paper using a Creata cutting and embossing bow die (the embossing on this is gorgeous), I have added a gem from my stash to the centre of the bow.
Another cheat/tip, I try not to use the whole sheet when mating and layering!
Close of colouring.
Close-up of bow die cut - look at that gorgeous embossing.
Close-up of Joy stamped tag with brad.

Close-up shot.


 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges;
Digistamps4Joy - Monthly Christmas Challenge (July 2014) - http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/monthly-christmas-challenge-july-2014.html
Crafty Blessings. x

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card the bow does look amazing love the cats peeping though the tree beautiful colouring well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet card gorgeous colours and stunning tree and bow love it love and happy crafting hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy this is just gorgeous. Loving all the layers and the scrumptious bow. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of August.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x