Saturday, 19 July 2014

New Baby and Big Sister Cards & Gifts

As I mentioned in my post on Wednesday I had been busy make a few things but had to wait to share them in blogland, now the wait is over.




My first make was a nice little paint job, isn't she cute?  This is Beck from Pixie Hollow, she is an animal-talent fairy who loves animals. Beck is able to talk to the animals.  She is plant pot stick painted with Peobo acrylic paints.  She was a big sister gift for a friend's little girl.



And to go with that, a big sister card.  This particular little girl loves Princesses, (lets face which little girl, or big girl, doesn't wish they could be a princess if only for a little while!), so this is Snow White in her carriage.  I cross stitched Snow White using a free cover kit from Quick & Easy Cross Stitch magazine.  The carriage was cut using my Silhouette Cameo machine, and then I added some bling with peel-offs, gems & a butterfly bead paint gold using a Artline 900XF Gold pen.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes July Challenge - http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/sisters-of-craft-july-anything-goes.html

6113 Avenue Create - Anything goes w/optional Shaped Cards - http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-80-anything-goes-woptional.html

Obviously I needed a new baby card for the parents and I just fell in love with this image (Close to my Heart) from Saturated Canary and knew it would be perfect.  I used the following Graph It markers to colour the image skin; 4120, 4125, 4135, 4150, 5110, lady's hair; 1210, 1230, 3125, 3245, baby's hair; 3150, 3160, papoose; 5120, 5125, 5130, eyes; 7110, 9201, dress; 6110, 6120, 6140, 6175.  She is mounted on foam pads on to Creata Classic Line paper cut using my Silhouette Cameo.  The background papers are from Creata patterned paper and mounted onto half an A5 base card (I have a huge stash of pre-scored base cards that are, shall we say, of dubious quality, so I thought this is a good way of using them up).  The pink ric-rac ribbon dividing the four quarters is from my stash.  The completed topper is mounted on to Anna Marie Designs kraft card.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;
Aurora Wings - Colour Bingo (Pink (papoose), Purple (dress), Blue (eyes) )- http://aurorawingschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-4-no-lines-or-color-bingo.html

Scrappers Delight - Challenge 27 Anything goes with cute & girly! - http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.nl/2014/07/challenge-27-anything-goes-with-cute.html

Paper Make-up stamps - Challenge 149 Girly Girl - http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/digi-makeover-challenge-149-girly-girl.html

Finally, my little gift for the new baby was a pair of lilac socks.  I just adore this colour but they were crying out to be embellished, so I added buttons to one and cross stitched her name on the other.


Have a fabulous weekend.  Crafty Blessings. x

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful image and papers! A card very very sweet!
    Thanks for playing at the Scrapper's Delights Challenge "anything Goes with Cute & Girky", hope to see again.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely coloring on this wonderful new baby card! Thank you so much for joining AuroraWings' Challenge #4. Good luck!! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what super projects, love the plant pot stick and cross stitch card - fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous, love them all!
    Hugs
    Linda
    http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Tracy super gorgeous creations hun you have been a busy bee - thanks for supporting my blog and will see u in a couple of weeks hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are just so lovely what fabulous projects just the perfect gift love and Happy Crating Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little gift set! Love the adorable little cards! Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. All adorable, thanks for taking part in the Sisters Of Craft challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another comment from me - fab entries, thanks for taking part in the Scrappers Delight challenge. Gill DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gifts and a beautiful card too,
    Hope you have a great new week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x