Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Non-traditional Yule card

Gosh it's hard to believe it's Wednesday already and I haven't blogged since Sunday, I have been busy make some creations but they have to remain secret for a little while longer!  However I am able to share a card with you today which was inspired by some challenges.

I decided to make another Yule card.  I used a pre-scored base card, covered with Creata Classic Silver paper.  I embossed a sheet of Creata Classic paper in Amethyst using a Sheena Douglass Taste of India embossing folder.  I rounded all the corners with a corner punch and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress ink.  The rosette is made from Creata Patterned Card using a bone folder and scoring board.  This is distressed with the same Tim Holtz ink, and adhered with Cosmic Shimmer glue.  The button and silver & white cord is from my stash.  I used the same cord to make the hanging for the bauble, which is cut from Creata Patterned card and distressed with Tim Holtz Bundled Sage distress ink.  The tags were punched from Creata Patterned card using a Woodward punch, the glittered green brad is from my stash and the tags are fixed to the card with foam pads.  The sentiment is stamped on to Creata Silver Classic paper using Anna Marie Designs Reindeer set of stamps using Staz On ink.

 
 
Crafty Blessings. x
 
I would like to enter this in to the following challenges;
 
 
Quirky Crafts Challenge #14 A Quirky Christmas In July With Die-cuts (or Punches) - http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-14-quirky-christmas-in-july.html
 
Crafting From the Heart - Challenge 27 - Anything Goes - http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-27.html
 
My Craft Creations - New challenge 7/7 - 19/7/2014 - http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.co.uk/p/new-challenge.html
 
Christmas Cards All Year Round - July challenge-non-traditional colours - http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/july-challenge.html
 
 
 

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas - http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/chnc-challenge-extra-for-july-2014.html

14 comments:

  1. Great card Tracey, I love the embossing!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening hun and fabulous card great design love it and ty for linking up hugs Judith Fan-Tastic Tuesday DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey me again hun fabulous non traditional card hun loving the embossing hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card and love non-traditional cards.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card lovely colours love the embossing card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR July non-traditional Christmas colours' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card Tracy, thanks for entering into the Creata challenge. Gill DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing colours and such a different Christmas card.
    Good Luck & Thank you for your entry in to Through The Craft Room Door challenge,
    {{{hugs}}}
    Marg ;) DT member TTCRD
    craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Gorgeous embossing. Thanks for sharing at CFTH challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great non-traditional Christmas card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your super creation for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely strong colours that work really well together. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for July.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x