Sunday, 6 July 2014

The Best Tail Feathers in the Country!

The Creata challenge this fortnight was Shake your tail feather, and to me there is no better tail feather than that of the Peacock.  Such a beautiful bird, the greens and blues are my favourite colours, after purple of course!

This was one of those cards that turned out larger than I anticipated but I just couldn't stop extending that beautiful tail.  I cut two circles from Creata patterned paper and stamped a peacock feather background with a Stampendous stamp using Rich Cocoa Memento ink.  I adhered these to Annamarie Designs kraft card  using double sided tape and cut around the circles to create a little frame around the bottom and top.  The head and body of the peacock is also a Stampendous stamp and is coloured with Graph It markers 1250, 7119, 7160 & 7175.  The tail is made of layering up using two Creata feather dies cut and is cut from Creata mirri board.  I attached the sentiment (Craftwork Cards - Vogue range) onto a ribbon from my stash and added flower brads also from my stash.  The flowers, again from my stash, were coloured using the Graph It markers 7119, 7160, 7175, 8270 & 8290, and wrapped in the same ribbon with handmade bow.  I adhered the whole (rather large) topper to a prescored A5 real coloured card and punched the corners with Martha Stewart circle punch.  All of the edges of the card and paper are edged with Broken China distress ink, can't believe I don't yet own the Peacock Feathers TH Distress Ink, mega oversight on my part!

This card won FIRST PRIZE at the local village show! 





Hope you all had a beautiful weekend.  Crafty Blessings. x

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;
Creata Challenge - Shake Your Tail Feather! - http://creatachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/creata-challenge-31-shake-your-tail.html
Just For Fun - Anything Goes - http://laineyscraftyspace-justforfun.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/anything-goes-challenge-1.html
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes - http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-42-winners-40.html
Imagination Crafts - Anything Goes - http://imagination-craftschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/anything-goes-july-challenge.html
Robyns Fetish - Animals - http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-219-animals-662014.html

11 comments:

  1. I love how you've extended the peacock's tail. A Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv the peacock great card good luck luv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning peacock and the tails WOW love your colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW the feathers are fabulous, loving the background. Good luck in the challenges.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy this is really pretty card, peacock is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one stunning card. The best tail ever seen....Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card Tracy beautiful colours love the way you have extended the tail stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic creation and great colours. Thank you for joining in with the Just for Fun Challenge. Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card, love the peacock. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x