Friday, 1 August 2014

A Little Piece of Autumn

Greetings Friends!
Anyone who knows me well knows Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons, and on really hot summer days (anything above 22 is really hot for me) I long for Autumn and start to look at the leaves willing them to turn their golden colours, feel the first chill in the air and catch a whiff of damp grass, mmmmm! 

So to slake my longing for 'the earth's second Spring' I decided to colour this cute digi, Gusty Oak flower pot pretty by Lacy Sunshine, if I was going to be a flower pot pretty this would definitely be in my top five!  Anyway, back to the card before you think me quite mad!

This darling digi was coloured used my Graph It markers (they really are the best alcohol markers I have used)

Hair; 1250, 1280, 2105, 2110, 2120,
Eyebrows; 3190
Skin; 1230, 1250, 4120
Lips; 8290
Dress; 3245, 8270, 8280, 8290,
Hat; 3120, 3125, 3140
Acorn cup; 1230, 1280, 3160
Leaves; 1230, 1290, 2120, 3125, 8280, 8290

Gusty Oak is mounted on foam pads on to Creata lined paper which I embossed with Sheena Douglass Taste of India embossing folder (this folder is so versatile, you may remember I used it previously on a Yule card), the halfway ribbon and bow from Creata hides the line between the two embossed impressions (this folder is 4" x 6" so I have to do the backing paper in two halves).  The die was cut using Xcut four petal nesting die (the shape reminds me of acorns) from Creata metallic card (I'm so addicted to this) and the black designs are Creata flock peel-offs (I know flock peel-offs - mmmmm) and the sentiment is a black peel-off.  Finally I add flowers cut using Creata 3 flowers die from Creata, yes you guessed it, metallic card and finishing off with brads from my stash.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges;
Lacy Sunshine - Challenge 38 Flowers - http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-38-flowers.html
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #82 Anything Goes w/optional use a sentiment  - http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-82-anything-goes-woptional.html
Crafting at the Weekend - Challenge 4 - Anything Goes - http://craftingattheweekend.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-4.html

Crafty Blessings. x

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design so sweet Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful love the colours Autumn my favourite of the 4 seasons love the cute little face beautiful colouring super card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is my favourite season too probably because I was born in September-I never feel comfortable in Summer-love the cute image and embossed card and great Autumnal colours-thank you for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x