Thursday, 21 August 2014

Art Deco Treisel

I was commissioned to make a 50th birthday card.  I thought 50, that's a pretty big deal, so it needs to be lavish and expensive looking.  Debbi Moore's Art Deco CD-roms immediately sprang to mind, you don't get much more glam than Art Deco.  I love the fact that Debbi Moore provides templates as well, and when I spotted the Treisel card, I just knew that had to be the one. 

I used Creata gold metallic card for the base, as you have probably realised this product has replaced Creata Mirri board as my top Creata product!  It has a beautiful pattern to it and the colours are very lavish.

The images, backing papers, sentiments & strips are from Debbi Moore's Art Deco Bookazine Special Edition CD-rom.  The back easel features a 1920s decoupaged lady, I have added little bling to her bracelet and hair accessory.  The middle easel is a layered flower with a brad from my stash holding it together and I couldn't resist dipping it in a little white glitter.  For the front easel I used an embellishment from Debbi Moore's Art Deco London Bags & Boxes CD-rom, where I was able to add the personalised sentiment.  The circle of pearls is printed from my Craft Artist Professional programme digikit Vintage Valentine, to give a space for writing in the card.  I added a few more bits of bling, and then had the realisation that this was not going to fit into any of my envelopes in my stash! 










My next task was to make a box using my Crafter's Companion Boxer board and some A3 card, I need to find a different supplier for my A3 card as I wasn't entirely happy with the quality of this one, any suggestions do let me know in your comments.  :-)

I added a topper and sentiment to the lid, and decided to throw in a freebie tag, really I just couldn't stop playing with the beautiful images and imaging myself in a different era with a drop waist dress, a feather in my hair and beads around my neck hitting the town for a night of razzamatazz!
 


I'm now quick stepping to my next project, see you soon Dilettantes!

Crafty Blessings. x

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is just amazing I don't think I've ever seen this shaped card before just looks so lovely a stunning project Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the shape and beautiful Art Deco image and shape -perfect for a 50th birthday
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Tracy, beautiful image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW what a fantastic card its so beautiful I love art deco but I have never seen anything like this well maybe on Debbie Moore you are a classy crafter Debbie Moore would be proud of you x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x