Friday, 1 August 2014

Guest Designer for Sisters of Craft Anything Goes Monthly Challenge

The Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge is one of my favourites, and not just because it's run by a great bunch of ladies, but you can enter anything crafty and you have the whole month to do it, as their blog says 'A crafting challenge blog where our motto is ""Anything is possible"" and ""Anything goes"" all of the time ! The Sisters of Craft with a Positive Mental Crafting attitude to life.'

I was delighted to be a Guest Designer for the Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge for August.  The theme as always is 'anything goes', so no matter what your craft you can join in!  The sponsor this month is Scrappers Delight.

My GDT inspiration sample is an altered canvas.  The adorable digi image from Scrappers Delight is called The Proposal featuring Lady Jane.  This is coloured using Graph It markers.
Skin; 4120, 4125, 4135, 4150, 4155, 4145, 4170
Dress; 6110, 6120, 6130, 6140, 6175, Silver shaker
Rose; 5215, 5255
Lips, nails & eyes; 3245, 5115, 9106
Ring; 1280, 7105
Ring box; 3190, 5245
Male Hair; 1210, 1230, 1250, 1280
Female Hair; 3120, 3140, 3170, 3190
Tiara; Silver shaker
Suit; 9501, 9502, 9505
Shirt; 9100
Cuff Links; 9501
Shoes; 9403,9405

I have added a gem as a choker and spider's web as a shawl.  The background is a page from a music book and is aptly titled La Serenata (The Serenade), to give it an aged affect I crumpled it and then distress with Tim Holtz distress inks (vintage photo, dusty concord, seedless preserve, Victorian velvet). The title of the sheet music inspired me to use the bird cage which is chipboard piece that I have covered in gilding flakes, I have used a small piece of silver and white cord from my stash as a chain for the bird cage.  I have trimmed the edge with washi tape and embellished the project with 3 resin flowers and a parchment die cut bow (using Create cutting and embossing die) and a large gem heart from my stash.




It is always a privilege to be a Guest Designer for crafty challenges, and I am incredible proud to be a Guest Designer for the Sisters of Craft Challenge, and look forward to seeing all the entries.

 


Here are a few close-ups of the embellishments and the colouring  (I feel very brave showing close-ups of my colouring!)





Check out the sisterhood blogs;
Gill - http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.co.uk
Tina - http://tinas-cards.blogspot.co.uk/

Crafty Blessings. x

9 comments:

  1. So pleased to welcome you on board as GDT this month, Tracy, your card is fabulous, I love your design and layout!!
    Krafty Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card amazing design just perfect love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this. Well done. Xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to have you with us :) . What an amazing make with so much attention to detail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love the beautiful background and images. Congratulations on your GDT too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image looks great on this canvas with the distressed music background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so Beautiful! Tracy so much detail and fabulously executed
    Many thanks for working with my image
    Love Janice<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply stunning. great to have you on board as a SOC x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card, love the background and all the details
    Great to have you as 'guest' :)
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x