Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Handcrafted Bookmarks

I recently took part in a bookmark swap.  I love books, therefore I love bookmarks! 

The first is made using the My Little Honey Bee, Tea Posy and Pretty Little Tags Hunkydory kits, the ribbon and brad are from my stash and the backing card is Creata metallic card.




I wanted to do something a little different for the second one, and whilst browsing the Dollar Digis at Meljens Designs I came across this Whale of a Tale image which was crying out to be a bookmark.  The image is coloured with the following Graph It markers, 7105, 9100, 9101, 9103 and Silver Shaker.  I have used Creata metallic card for the backing and distressed the edges to look like waves with Tim Holtz Broken China and Faded Jeans distress inks.  The tassel is from Joanna Sheen.

I laminated both bookmarks.




Crafty Blessings.  x

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, I love book marks.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful love the images and the colouring is very neat well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful bookmarks - worthy of gracing your favourite literature!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love these they are great Love and Hugs Caorle x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x