Friday, 8 August 2014

Highlighting with Foil

I love these vintage dies cuts from the Creata die-cuts and patterned cardboard pad, they are really excellent quality and so easy to pop out. I wanted to add a bit of bling and decided it was time to have another play with my Foil Play goodies. I used a zig glue pen, leaving it to go tacky before applying the foil.  It occurred to me today that if I ran the die cuts through my Joy! die cutting machine the pressure would be a lot firmer than doing it by hand, and it worked and they turn out perfectly.  So if you have dexterity problems you can still apply the foil by using your die cutting machine as a sort of mangle!

I used a turquoise special effect foil on the cupid and butterfly - this colour is absolutely stunning, I want to use it on everything!  I highlighted the flowers using pink foil.  It's a really easy and inexpensive way to highlight your die-cuts.

I have used Anna Marie Designs kraft card as the base, Creata pattern card for the first layout.  I used 8 die cuts from the pad and arranged them randomly and added 3 heart gems from my stash.

The three blue flower gems are also from my stash.  I made the bouquet using pink and white flowers from my stash and white stamens from Anna Marie Designs.  The wrapping is white spiders web tied with a blue organza ribbon, both from my stash.




 

I have deliberately not put a sentiment on this card as I thought again it was one that could cover a multitude of occasions, I would love to know what occasion you would choose?

Crafty Blessings. x

6 comments:

  1. So sweet gorgeous card and thanks for that great tip Love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Tracy - thank you and for the tip too! I think I might choose wedding or engagement for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the beautiful design. Great tip too. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card so creative Tracy thanks for tip x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous make Tracey have foil haven t used any must give it a go hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x