Thursday, 28 August 2014

Thinking of You

Sometimes we need to make cards for sad occasions and it's not always easy, which is why I was glad to have this image from Sweet Pea Stamps.  It is called Remembrance by Katerina Koukiotis.

I have coloured it with the following Graph It markers; skin, 4120, dress, 9100, 9101, 9102, 9103, Rose, 4135, 4145, 5140, hair, 1210, 1230

The card base is made from Creata Off-White Classic Silky card, for the background I have used a scribbled heart stamp from Creata using Time Holtz Broken China Distress ink, (this card is quite porous so it absorbed the ink really well, so dried quite quickly) I have stamped two hearts each time before reinking, I also made sure to go over the edge of the card to give a better finish to the pattern, I have also taken the pattern around the back of the card.  The image is mounted on foam pads.  The feathers are cut from the same cardstock using Creata Cutting and Embossing Feather die.  These are also mounted on foam pads.  I cut into the wings of the angel so I could give them some shape.


Wherever you are and however you are spending your time, I send you crafty blessings. x

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card but I also hate doing this type of card but it is a stunning stamp Love and happy crafting hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card Tracy, the image is really lovely and you have coloured it beautifully xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x