Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Faery Ink Challenge

Greetings Dilettantes,

Today is the start of the first challenge over at Faery Ink, the theme is Fairy.  Here is my inspirational DT project.  The image is called Faery Fionna and you can get her in the Etsy Shop

I worked this card backwards, designed the card and then colouring the image.  I think in some ways this was easier, as it was a great deal quicker to pick out my pens to coordinate with the backing papers than rifle through my extensive stash of papers trying to find colours to coordinate with the image!

The base of the topper is Anna Marie Kraft card, red & gold paper.  The backing paper is from my stash, as are the string, ribbon & brad.  The poinsettia flowers are made using Visible Image stamps and Tim Holtz Festive Berries & Forest Moss distress inks.

I have coloured Fionna in Graph It markers; Skin 4120, 4125, 4135, 4150, 4170, Dress 8270, 8280, 8290, Wings 7105, 7210, Lips 5245, Waistcoat 5215, 5220, 5245, 5250, 5270, Hair 3140, 3170 Eyes 3245, 8120, Flowers 1250, 5245, Buttons & Necklace Gold Shaker. 

I printed Fionna twice, shaded the bottom image with Tim Holtz Festive Berries distress ink, and then cut the second image minus the fiddly bits, so you still get the full image but I didn't have to fussy cut the tendrils.






Why not come along and join us, all the Faery Ink DT members look forward to seeing your entries.
Crafty Blessings. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x