Saturday, 1 November 2014

DT Project - The Sisters of Craft November Challenge

I can't believe it's November already, November is another favourite month for me, not least because it's my birthday this month! Anyway I'm not here to gossip about me, it's time to share my Sisters of Craft November DT project.  I always feel more inspired this time of year which is why this month I have two projects to share, and they are a little seasonal. 

Our  November Challenge is being sponsored by The Stamping Chef


I have used Krissy Kringle for my projects, and in case you are wondering this is exactly how I look when I wrap my Yule gifts! LOL.

The base is made from Kraft card, the image is printed on a super smooth card which I buy in bulk from Rymans just in case anybody was wondering, and oh surprise, surprise I have used my Graph Its to colour her, I do love my GIs!  (Skin; 4120, 4125, 4135, 4150, Outfit; 5215, 5220, 5250, 5255, 5245, 5260, 5270, Bells; 1280, Goldshaker, Eyebrows; 1230, Lips; 5245)


After tearing the edges of the card rather than cutting it square I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink.  The Snow Kisses stamp is from the Creata Winter Wishes stamp set.  Using another piece of torn paper with inked edges I stamped Merry X-mas!!! from the Happy Holidays stamp set. I finished it off with a ribbon from my stash.


My other project is a Yule tag using the same image and again I have used Kraft card.  Krissy is coloured with the following GIs (Skin; 4120, 4125, 4135, 4150, Eyebrows; 1230, Eyes; 9100, 7250, Lips; 9100, Bells; 9100, Silver Shaker, Outfit; 7210, 7220, 7240, 7250).


The snowflakes are made with 3 of the smaller snowflakes from the Creata Winter Wishes stamp set using clear ink and Teal WOW embossing powder.  The tag loop is made using a piece of silver and white cord from my stash.  I must say I rather like that icy blue lipstick, not sure I would look quite a cool as Krissy does though!



Crafty Blessings. x

1 comment:

  1. Just fab she's very glamorous and I love your colouring. The card and the tag are just gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x