Monday, 10 November 2014

Faery Ink Challenge # 3 - Christmas

Gosh is it really time for a new challenge on the Faery Ink blog, time flies when you're having fun, and I have been having fun with the Madonna & Child Christmas image from the Faery Ink shop.

I have to confess this is not the sort of image I would normally go for but as a crafter I like to work outside my comfort zone at times, and of course you need to make cards that appeal to a wide range of people.



I have tried not to use too many colours as I wanted to keep the image quite neutral.  Here are the Graph It markers I used (Skin; 4120, 4125, 4150, Hair 1210, 1230, 1250, 1280, Hair; 3125, 3140, 3160, 3170, Blanket, 7105, Cloak; 9100, 9101, 9102, Halo, 2120.

I wanted the Halo around the Madonna to really stand out so I cut it from the image, got out my foils from Foil Play, and then mounted it on foam pads.  The image is affixed to Creata metallic card edged with Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink, this is affixed to Creata Classic paper, then on to Creata  card and finally on to Creata silver mirri board. 

My main objective with this card was to make the Halo the focus point.

I do hope you join in with the Faery Ink Challenge as all the DT really enjoy looking at your creations.  Crafty Blessings. x

2 comments:

  1. This card is lovely. The neutral colours really give a lovely soft feel and the halo really makes it pop out brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stamp I love traditional Christmas and this is really what its all about fab card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x