Thursday, 22 January 2015

Faery Ink Facebook Contest - Analogous Colour Scheme

Today sees the start of the new Faery Ink Facebook Contest,  and this time we would like you to use an Analogues colour scheme, for any one who is unsure here's how it works

Analogous
Analogous color schemes use colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. They usually match well and create serene and comfortable designs.

Analogous color schemes are often found in nature and are harmonious and pleasing to the eye.
Make sure you have enough contrast when choosing an analogous color scheme.
Choose one color to dominate, a second to support. The third color is used (along with black, white or gray) as an accent.

As you will see I choose blue, purple & red, for those of you that know me well my colour choices will not be a surprise.  For my DT project I have used The Artista Crafter Designer Artist image, which is a personal favourite of mine.  I have coloured her using Graph It markers.


I created the background using my Graph It markers and an empty Biro case, the trick is to blow through the Biro case on to the end of the marker and this creates the splatter effect.  There are a range of gadgets on the market that can create the same effect but this was a tip I picked up from Mark at Visible Image.

I look forward to see your entries over on Facebook for the Faery Ink Contest.
Creative Blessings. x

4 comments:

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x