Saturday, 28 February 2015

A Paper China Cat!

How many of you have a little stash, or maybe a big stash of off cuts of paper?  Why is as crafters we just can't through paper away!  So I've been trying to think of ways to use these up and I came up with this patchwork cat.  I used a template I found online to give me the shape and cut and place the paper pieces before gluing them to make sure I was happy with the layout.  It is adhered to mirri board and onto a white card blank with a simple sentiment.  Unfortunately the mirri does make it rather difficult to take a decent shot but I was pleased with the finished card, and it reminded me of one of those ornamental china cats.  




Creative Blessings. x

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Tracy, I to have lots of paper. A fabulous idea and the cat looks fabulous. Love how you have placed the papers. Great design.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to use up the scraps - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy this is gorgeous cat I love how you have used up some scraps. I too , probably like every crafter, have lots of scraps. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant card Tracy and a fabulous idea for using those scraps we love to hoard x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great way to use scraps, it's lovely. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, we can't throw paper away can we? and we can come up with such great things with it. Well, you can! Let me send you some of those scraps I am saving. Great project

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and a fab idea to use all those little bits of paper up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x