Friday, 20 February 2015

Focus on the journey...

My inspiration for this card is the free suitcases digi from Tiddly Inks, it made me think about travelling, moving on and journeys, then I remembered a quote.  I love quotes and when I hear one I like I write it down in a little notebook, so out came the notebook and I went about making my card.

The base card is Kraft card and the backing sheet is a freebie found in the Creata Facebook Group.  I wrapped twine around the backing paper, and tied it in the center with some string.  I edged a car tag from my stash with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink and threaded it on to the twine.


The detour sign and hinges on the spine of the card are from stash.  The Aerial Derby picture is from a set of Making Cards Magazine papers.  The gear and buckle die cuts are made from the same papers using Joy! dies.  I threaded Joy! Natural Sense ribbon through the buckle dies and added two buttons from my stash. The egg timer die cut is made from an old atlas page using a Joy! die.


The photo is from a set of Victorian Photographs by Joanna Sheen.  I created the sentiment on my Serif Craft Artist Programme using the Dreaming in Chalk Daisytrail Digikit, and is mounted on foam pads.



The suitcases digi is coloured using Graph It markers 3120, 3125, 3130, 3140, 3245 and mounted on foam pads.

Creative Blessings. x

10 comments:

  1. Such a lot of thought has gone into this card, love all the detail and the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card and so many elements and well thought about its beautiful love the colours as well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card to show case and love the style...Gorgeous colours as always.xx


    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, detailed vintage style creation.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of work hun but well worth it, stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Tracy! Love the design!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant card Tracy and great details x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x