Thursday, 5 February 2015

Peel-offs; Old-fashioned or just old-fashioned ideas?

I remember the very lovely and talented Carley Duff (demonstrator for Creata on C&C) once saying, there is no such thing as old-fashioned craft stash just old-fashioned ideas.  I'm sure many of you will believe peel-offs to be old-fashioned but the thing is I have boxes full (they were once the trend) and I'm loathed to throw them out.  I could of course pass them to charity or an after-school club but I like to challenge myself so I'm trying to come up with some 'new' ideas as much as a peel-off will allow.

Here I have fussy cut around the peel-off to give a shaped front to the card and used a pink insert to add some colour.

So what are your thoughts?  To peel-off or not to peel?  Do you have a secret stash of peel-offs hiding at the back of the cupboard and will they ever see the light of day, or are they just too old-fashioned for you?  I've love to hear what you think.


Materials 

Plain White DL card
Pink Insert paper
Glittery Flower Border peel-off
Butterfly Peel-offs
Whispers Pens
Purple Ribbon
Gems

Creative Blessings. x

7 comments:

  1. I've got masses of peel offs, collecting dust somewhere. I do still use borders and corners a lot, but seldom use any of the others. I follow somebody on Facebook who is always sharing beautiful things made with them, but they tend to be newer, more fashionable designs than those I have. You're right, it's time they were revived and used in new ways. I must have invested a fair bit of money in them in the past and that investment is losing interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I gave up on peel off's a very long time ago - mainly because I didn't have much success with them and they just didn't look right lol!! It's so nice to see them on your card though, it looks very stylish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Tracy, I don't have any peel offs at all, I gave them to my mum who runs a crafting club the the senior citizens.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy this is a fantastic use of peel-offs. I have loads that I don't use any more. You have inspired me to have another look. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, Gorgous card and great use of peel offs, I to have boxes of them and I don't ' see why they cannot be incorporated into today's trend, as you have proven here. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tracy, I to have box's of peel offs. Seeing your gorgeous card maybe I should fish some of them out again.... Love the butterflies and there colours. A lovely design.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x