Thursday, 5 March 2015

A herd of Elephants!

Who doesn't love elephants, they are so cute, and both my cards today (yep, two cards again to celebrate National Craft Month) feature these magnificent creatures.

The image and backing paper are both from the Joanne Sheen CD Rom Jayne Netley Mayhew Collection Part One, and it's such a beautiful sketch that it made a lovely card without embellishing it too much.  All I have done is mounted the topper on black card and added an elephant button and a sentiment.


My second card today uses a peel-off for the main focal point.  I have centered this on torn strips of paper to give a sunset effect and mounted this on gold mirri.  I have used two animal print patterns from my stash and hidden the join with an animal print ribbon.  I have finished the card off with gold peels-offs making the sentiment "It's Your Birthday Go Wild'.


Creative Blessings. x

8 comments:

  1. Two very different cards, love them both. I always had difficulty with those peel off''s. - trying to get them off the sheet without stretching them! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and love the background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy both your cards are gorgeous I do love elephants. Hugs Jackie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cars the difference between the two shows how cards can be so stylish black and white and fantastic and fun in colour . The colours are very rich and I can feel the heat on the Elephants as they are walking though there beautiful home beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very stunning cards and such a difference. I have this cd rom so I should get it out again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tracy, these are both fantastic. Love the images and the colours.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, always makes me think of my pseudo daughter when I see elephants. She just loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the elephant image and that little elephant you added is just perfect!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x