Tuesday, 10 March 2015

All dressed up!

Hello All!  Today I'm sharing two 'fashionable' cards, using two different techniques.  The first uses iris folding.  This is a really easy technique and I find it quite therapeutic.  The shape was pre-cut into the card blank and  I have used wrapping paper to make the skirt of the dress and the top is black glitter paper.  I cut a hat shape from the same paper and finished it off with a bow.  The shoes are black peel-offs and the gloves are silver peel-offs adhered to black glitter paper.  The design in the corner is made with a punch.  I have added a bust with a gem and pink ribbon to finish.

The second card is made using a pre-folded orange card blank which I have trimmed with decorative scissors and adhered black card to the underside.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is die cut but I'm not sure which brand it is as it was letters I had previously cut and stashed away! They are lots of YouTube videos showing how to make a paper-folded kimono, I added a red ribbon to finish it off.  I have added a few oriental peel-offs to complete the theme.


Creative Blessings. x

2 comments:

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x