Thursday, 19 March 2015

Cats & Dogs

Good Morning!  Are you cat or a dog lover?  I'm sharing two cards today with one of each on so nobody feels left out.  The first is a decoupage cat, I think the image is by Lesley Ivory, I know I have some of her images in my stash. I think she is an incredible artist, the images are so real.  I once did a jigsaw featuring one of her paintings, I used to be a jigsaw volunteer for Oxfam.  I have alternated between tartan and black card layers and decoupaged the image.  I have fixed the topper using tiny red and copper coloured brads, and added a peel-off sentiment.


And so the dog people don't feel left out, here is my iris folded Collie.  I found the outline online and used black and white papers from my stash.  I have given him a felt ear and tail, a ribbon for his collar and string for the lead.  I have added the detail on the face with fine liner pen, stamped footprints and bones and added a peel-off sentiment.

In case your wondering, I love cats and dogs!  This is my current furry friend, Fergus.  You can vote for this photo in the Newfoundland Photography Contest on Facebook and you can follow Fergus' adventures on his own blog.

Creative Blessings. x

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant creations Tracy but I love my dog...the colours you used and fab images are a great finish to the card..xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, great animal inspired cards like the doggie one being as I am a dog person. Fergus looks gorgeous and he is one of my favourite breeds. Hope he does well in the contest. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both these cards I never done Iris folding it looks beautiful though and the added felt and string is a clever touch x the cat image is lovely I also love Lesley Ivory cat images x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant two great cards love the collie my favourite dog Love your cards today love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards and Fergus is gorgeous.and obviously very clever having his own blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x