Saturday, 14 March 2015

Land Rover Lover!

Yippee!  It's Friday again, I hope you are all ready for the weekend, I know I am!

My brother-in-law to be is a Land Rover enthusiast, I'm not quite sure how many LRs he now has but I do know he receives a lot of birthday cards featuring them!  Remember the Land Rover button on the woven background from a previous post, that was for him and here are another two I made with him in mind.

I printed off an outline from the internet then traced around it and paper pieced the shape using an old map (when hubby buys the current year's map the old one finds it's way to my craftroom, why don't we have a SatNav...where would be the fun in that!).  I have tried to used pieces of the map with where they live in mind.  It's adhered to a black card, and as he also loves off roading I used a green piece of paper to create a hill with some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to make it a bit muddy!




The next card uses one of my own photos and the LR pictured is owned by my (almost) brother-in-law.  I have used a white pre-folded DL card blank and printed out the photo in sepia.  I picked this gold peel-off border as I think it coordinates will with the edges of the film strip, and yes that is real film, to which I have added a gold Happy Birthday sentiment.  I then added a gold camera icon peel-off to black card, fussy cut it and adhered this with 3D foam pads.


Creative Blessings. x

3 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Tracy, I know my son would absolutely love the Land rover images.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous great men cards love them both love the idea with the map and film strip great idea love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first card, so clever, especially using the areas where he lives, and a great design on the second x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x