Thursday, 12 March 2015

Regency & Romance

For this design I followed the Sketch on the Noor! Design Challenge Blog.  Huge fan of Noor! dies and I am slowly building up my collection and I was thrilled to find the challenge blog.

Here is the sketch to follow to enter this month' challenge.
I have yet to purchase any of the Dutch Doobadoo templates (but I have quite a few on my list!). What I do have in my stash is the Xcut four petal nesting die, this is a similar shape but quite smalle hence my little 5x5" card..

I have distressed the edges of the three bases with my Hougie distressing tool and Tim Holtz Spun Sugar & Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.  I have used Anna Marie Design Kraft card for the base, handmade pink paper & spotty paper from my stash.  The layers are adhered to each other with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue, you can't stick handmade paper with double sided tape - I speak from experience!

The next three layers are Studio Light papers, again edged with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  The circle layer was cut using EK Tools circle scissors from Studio Light paper.


I edged a 5x5" scalloped card with Picked Raspberry and folded the top in half to make an easel I have covered it with pink paper from my stash which I have embossed with Crafter's Companion Vintage Decor Vintage Floral Collection.

I used more Studio Light papers for the insert on the base and adhered pink lace which I have threaded with two pieces of white ribbon from my stash. The sentiment is printed from the Polkadoodles Rose Budd CD-Rom and is coloured with Spun Sugar distress ink.

I have embellished the base with pink pearls, gems, buttons and pearlised hearts.  The topper is embellished with a brad, pearlised hearts, material flowers & brads, flower brad and a string of pearlised flowers.

The image is from Polkadoodles Rose Budd CD-rom and I have coloured it with the following Graph It markers; Skin: 4120, 4125, 4150, 4155, 4170, 4135 Hair: 1210, 1230, 1280 Dress: 5110, 5115, 5120 Roses: 6130, 5130, Leaves: 8250, 8260




I would like to enter the following challenges;

Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog - Challenge #5 - Pretty in Pink! - http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-5-pretty-in-pink.html

Graph It Markers Colouring Crazy Challenge - Wk 9 Shabby Chic/Vintage Romance - http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/wk-9-shabby-chic-vintage-romance.html

Polkadoodles Challenge - Wk 9 Ribbons & Lace - http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2015/02/week-9-ribbons-and-lace-polkadoodles.html

Crafting Musketeers - Challenge #23 Ribbons & Pearls - http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/welcome-to-challenge-23-ribbons-and.html

Noor! Design UK Challenge - Challenge # 4 Dutch Doobadoo Sketch - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.nl/2015/03/challenge-4-sketch.html

Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Challenge # 254 - Pearls or Gems - http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-254-pearls-or-gems-382015.html

Whoopsi Daisy -Add a Sentiment Challenge - http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/add-sentiment-challenge.html

Creative Blessings. x

21 comments:

  1. This so beautiful lovely colouring as always . I love the different shapes and its just so pretty love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous I love the design and image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love all the layers and detailing! Crafty hugs, xxSAMxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sketch Tracy and Stunning card, love the image, colour and detail hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous easel card - fits the sketch perfectly. Sweet image and lovely colours!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, gorgeous colours and image x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card thanks for sharing at Whoopsi Daisy good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy, gorgeous card love the design and image, great colouring , The whole card is very very pretty. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the image is beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty its gorgeous good luck in the challenges Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Tracy and a lovely image x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card!!!! Thank you for joining us at Quirky Crafts Callenges. Monica-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous ... Thanxx For Playing With Us At The Robyns Fetish Challenge Blog This Week Sherry @ RFDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card and image, thanks for joining us at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining our 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty make! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Graph'It Markers Colouring Crazy Challenge Blog and our 'Shabby Chic/Vintage Romance' Challenge. Yvonne (DT)

    www.graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

    Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

    DT - Keeley Ainsworth
    Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful take on the sketch, Thank you for sharing. I hope you will join us next month.

    DT ~ Fleur
    Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x