Saturday, 7 March 2015

Time to say goodbye to the circus...

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.  It's very sunny in Suffolk today, and we have been out on a lovely jaunt through some of the beautiful villages.  I would like to say a big thank you to everyone following and commenting on my crafty makes, really do love reading them and I always pop over to your blog if you have one.

My two cards for today, both have a circus theme...the first one I made some time ago as a leaving card, and if I remember rightly the sentiment says 'You're Leaving...it's time to pack your trunk and say goodbye to the circus!' Anyone who knows me well enough will know that short of a 'big top' my last employer was indeed like working for a circus, all the fiasco and chaos but with none of the fun! Anyway that's another story and not one I want to divulge without my lawyer present! 

This card was made using a shop bought card (one of the team bought it and said 'Can you do something with this as a leaving card?', and I thought 'Oh yeah, I have the perfect idea!') and this is the result.  I cut the main image from the card mat and layered it on yellow (picked out from the dress the little girl is wearing) and black card, printed the sentiments and mat and layered those in the same way, adhered them all to this rather funky background sheet, added some bling in the way of a bow, flower and gems.  I'm pleased to say it was signed with many best wishes and received a lot of laughs. 
As regular followers will know, I am trying to convert the craft world back to using peel-offs, I can hear you groaning from here but bear me whilst I share this slinky little number (it reminds me of the outfits the girls riding the horses would wear).  The bodice is a peel-off which I have adhered to black glittery paper, I made holes to thread the yellow ribbon through and added feathers to the bottom to form the skirt.  The decorative strip is a sticky lace which I have coloured to coordinate with the ends of the feathers.  It is adhered to the card with 3D foam pads.  I had one lonely feather laying on my desk so I popped that in the top.   Personally if I was to wear an outfit like this I don't think I would look slinky as I would be too busy blow that feather out my face and probably have very itchy legs but they make for a very tactile card!
I would like to say at this point that I don't condone the use of animals in circuses, in fact I have very strong views on animal cruelty, and I'm a vegetarian!

Creative Blessings, x

18 comments:

  1. Two great cards. love the design of the first one and the clever use of the peel off and feathers on the second x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the odd peel off word or greeting but never really use the images anymore desire having countless sheets of them languishing in a box somewhere! I must dig them out and have a play again, so thankyou for the inspiration ;-)

    xxSAMxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy your cards are gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the circus theme and the bodice is a great use of a peel-off! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very different cards both as beautiful as each other I agree with you about the feathers I can feel them tickling from here x love your comment on your last employer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous cards Tracy. I love the 'altered' elephant one x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you about animals in the circus. It wasn't something I understood as a child, but now when I see it, it's so very sad. They should not do that. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great leaving card Tracy love the clever design. I agree with you with regards to peel offs that are so underrated these days but they can add that extra special little touch.hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Tracy, two fabulous cards. Love the image in the first and the second. Great designs on them both.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy this looks great and love the bling.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Tracy and great makes xxx peel offs good luck on your conversion lol! I must try to use some more of them - have a great day hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work Tracy, I have been know to use the odd peel off myself lol
    And I to do not like Animals to be in Circuses
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post and your card are stunning love the peel off card the design is so classy Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great cards Tracy!
    Love the use of peel offs!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x