Monday, 2 March 2015

Visible Image - The Sewing Room

I was inspired to make this card after watching the Sewing Bee, have you been watching it?  My favourite has been the Vintage week, I loved the Walkaway Dress.  It's definitely one I will be making, at the moment I don't have the material or the pattern but it's on my list!

I started by stamping the word Vogue using StazOn ink, the stamp is actually 'in Vogue' but I masked the 'in'.  I used a Staedtler fine liner pen to draw a wavy line from the Vogue word to the edges of the card stock, which is Barbara Grey Claritycard.

I have used the plain stitching stamp from the VI set to create a border.  The edge is inked in Tim Holtz Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  I then stamped the mannequin, again with the StazOn ink.  The cotton reel is stamped using the distress ink, VI stamps are such good quality that they actually work well with the distress ink, I sometimes find that clear stamps don't always work with distress ink.



The buttons are made from paper in my stash and Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink and edged with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  A little tip I learnt for cutting circles with scissors, make a snip at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock then cut off each quarter.  I have attached them to the card using small foam pads.

I cut the buckle die cuts from paper in my stash using Joy! dies.  The ribbon was a white grosgrain from my stash which I have colored with the Mustard Seed Distress Ink.

The design is mounted on to black Anna Marie Designs cardstock.

Creative Blessings.  x

8 comments:

  1. A brilliant card, love all the different elements you've used. I have been recording Sewing Bee - hopefully I will catch up soon!!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Tracy, loving the stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy this is a gorgeous card the stamps are amazing. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Tracy, the colourway, buttons and buckles are all fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Tracy! I love all things sewing related so it's right up my street :). I haven't been following the program. It makes me too depressed about my lack of sewing skills lol ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I totally love this one, both the colors, the images and the theme. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x