Friday, 6 March 2015

Woven Paper Technique

Are you having a busy National Craft Month?  I do hope so.  Here are my two cards for today.  I have used a paper weaving technique for the backgrounds.

On the first card I have used paper with roses, so I thought it seemed appropriate to embellish it with butterflies.  I have adhered the butterflies to pink sparkly paper, I have left the wings free and just glued the bodies.  I have woven three plain coloured squares into background so I could add the peel-off sentiment 'Just for You'.  I have added a silver peel-off border.



For the second card I have used two different sheets of paper from my stash, threaded the button and fixed it to the centre of the woven background.  I have used gold peel-offs down the sides, a solid set of letters and an outline set adhered to green paper.


Creative Blessing. x

9 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, love the woven backgrounds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant such patience the technique creates fab cards love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow :) beautiful cards:) my fovourite is with butterflies :) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy your cards are gorgeous I love the backgrounds you have created. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two adorable woven and delightful beautiful cards..Have a lovely weekend.
    aNNie.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous makes, Tracy, the 1st one has a patchwork feel to it too, both brilliant, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look brilliant Tracy, not done this technique for years. Loving the effects you have created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just stunning. love the one with the green paper, it just really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brill Tracy love em both and I haven t done this for ages either thanks for the inspiration hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x