Tuesday, 28 April 2015

An 80th birthday card commission

I was recently asked to make an 80th birthday card for a male.  Cards for males can be tricky, my customer did give me an idea of what this particular male enjoyed, which made it a little easier.  One of the things was birds so I took this as my main idea.
  • Sheena Douglass stencils: As the Land Lies, Forest Trees and Landscape.
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Pine Needles, Seedless Preserve & Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy and Black Soot on Splodgeaway card.




  • Corrugated H and B from my stash and letters die cut using Quick Kutz Abigail Alphabet from Anna Marie Designs kraft card distressed with Brushed Corduroy.  I scrunched up the letters of Dad to lift it from the page and add some texture.
  • Black card from Anna Marie Designs.
  • Numbers are cut using Baby Face Cuttlebug Alphabet. 
  • String from my stash.
This post is linked to Handmade Monday at Lucy Blossom Crafts, please pop along to see all the fabulous makes!

I wish to enter this into the following challenges;

Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge 83 - Anything Goes with a twist - use string or twine - http://fattastictuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/28-april-challenge-83-anything-goes.html

Creative Blessings.  x

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, love the scene you've created x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have got it about right, Men are so hard on the card front but this one is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card its so beautiful love the owl flying over the open country side beautiful colours so expertly done a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, i especially like the bird of prey silhouette. I'm sure the lucky gentleman who is going to be receiving it will be thrilled :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way the bird is in the forfront of the picture and the scenery and sky behind is very nice. Have a great crafty week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly unique birthday card, which I am sure will be very well received by the recipient. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, thanks for joining up with Handmade Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning and what a fabulous male card really beautiful crafty hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 83 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Creation thank you for joining in with our challenge over at FTT, hope you will join us again.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x