Thursday, 23 April 2015

Mixed Media Tag

Before I get on with detailing my make I would to give a shameless plug for myself and my crafty sisters.  If you have already entered The Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge - Anything Goes, you still have time, you can find the challenge here and our sponsor this month is Crafter's Companion, so if you get your skates on you still have time to be in it to win it!

This is a long post, no need to read it all but I do have a quick question at the end.  Now on to my make;
The base of my make is a Craftwork Cards Kraft card tag.  I have created a background using bubble wrap (yes I watch all the Ali Reeve from Stamps Away demos) and Tim Holtz Black Soot and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The cogs & small feather poked out from behind the Queen (oo er!) are cut using Noor! dies (these dies are ideally suited to steampunk but also look great on masculine projects) and coordinations cardstock.  The central image is from 100 Beautiful Sepia & Tinted Images CD by Debbi Moore.  I have distressed the image using TH Vintage Photo and Black Soot DI.

The mini playing card is from a set I picked up a boot sale, you can find so many hidden little treasures at boot sales!  The peg was from my stash I have distressed it using a emery board.  The main image is adhered to the tag using Pinflair glue and I pushed in some pins (picked up in a charity shop) and a few strands of hessian (I'm a bit addicted to using hessian at the moment) and the flowers (also from a car boot sale).
The round charm style image is from a set in The Works which cost me 100 of your British pennies and the string, star, furry brad and face brad are from my stash.  The pocket watch & egg timer are cut using Noor! dies from Creata mirri.  The buckles are cut from funky foam (another current addiction) and the string style ribbon through the top buckle is also Noor!  It's finished with a ribbon from my stash through the precut hole in the top.  Phew...that's a lot of info but as you can see I used a lot of bits and pieces!

Just one more thing I'm not sure what to do with this little creation now, when I make my cards I usually make then for friends, family or commissions or to sell to raise funds for Breast Cancer Care and the MacMillan Unit at out local hospital, may be this shoudl remain as an inspiration piece?  So what do you do with your mixed media creations? No need for answers on a postcard, just comment below! :-)

I wish to enter this into the following challenges;

Lunagirl Moonbeams - Creative Challenge: Fascinating Faces - http://www.lunagirlmoonbeams.com/2015/04/creative-challenge-theme-fascinating.html

Noor! Design Challenge - Challenge # 5 - Anything Goes - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.nl/2015/04/challenge-5-anything-goes.html

Simply Papercraft - Challenge 2 - Anything Goes/Steampunk - http://simplypapercraftsforalloccassions.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/challenge-2.html

Creative Blessings.  x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, Wow what a great tag, so much detail and everything works so well together.
    Fabulous design. As for what to do with it, hang it somewhere to remind you what a great job you have done and wait for the comments from family and friends when they see it in the flesh (so to speak) . Would not surprise if you get asked to make more. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is just brilliant!! Love all them cogs!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I can sit and look at your tag forever, with all the intricate and fascinating little elements. Thanks for sharing it in my Fascinating Faces challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! So glad to have you ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun tag...I love all the funky pieces! Thanks for sharing at Simply Papercraft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous this is just amazing a brilliant tag Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation made with gorgeous colours and goodies added to add to the beauty.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Tracy this amazing so much detail its a work of art I would hang it somewhere so any visitors can see it may be put it in a little frame to keep dust off x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, love how you have embellished it. Thanks for joining us at Noor! Design this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow and super wow Tracy and what an awesome tag love love love it hun hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, that's a real wowser. love the embellishments

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x