Friday, 17 April 2015

Mixed Media(ish) Pennant

This make is for another competition over on the Visible Image Facebook page.  The challenge this time was to use the Grunge Flourish stamp that came free with Craft Stamper magazine.  I decided to make a Pennant rather than a card.
I die cut a piece of hessian using an Xcut Bunting die, and covered it with a layer of Gesso.  Once the Gesso was dry I used the free stamp and Memento Cocoa Ink to stamp on to the pennant, I have also used another VI freebie the word 'Believe', unfortunately I think it was a little too small so it's really difficult to read.  This is my first attempt at anything mixed media and I'm quite pleased with it, it makes a nice little hanging for my craft room.  I think I need to invest in some Grunge paste as I think the Gesso is a little to thin for this type of material.

I would like to enter this in to the following challenges;

Use the Grunge Flourish freebie - Visible Image Facebook competition.

Inspiration Destination - Challenge No. 28 - Anything Goes - http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/ag-no-28.html

Creative Blessings. x

9 comments:

  1. Great project it looks fab love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb creation, brilliant colours and love this mixed media used...xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, spotted it on another mr linky thingy and came over x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pennant! Love that grunge stamp and the cocoa ink that you used. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Bunting Tracy and very well made for your first attempt. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's interesting , I don't know what Gesso is but the pendent looks very good an inspiring lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting project. Love the texture and have to give gesso a try sometime soon. Thanks for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck.

    Lynn, ID DT

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x