Wednesday, 15 April 2015

My favourite Visible Image stamp

Is it too early for a little Yuletide crafting?  For me its never to early to think about that sparkly time of year, its my favourite holiday season, but I do have a really good excuse for making this Christmas card in April.  Visible Image recently hit 3000 likes on Facebook and in celebration they have a competition to create something using your favourite VI stamp, and the Poinsettia Set is mine.  When I've used it in the past to make cards the recipient has always been very complimentary, and I even had a couple of commission requests for this particular stamp.
I have stamped and embossed all three sizes of the poinsettia three times and coloured them using Tim Holtz Fired Brick, Barn Door and Festive Berries Distress Ink, and layered them up using Cosmic Shimmer glue.  They are mat and layered on to Anna Marie Designs green and kraft card inked with TH Bundled Sage DI.   The background is created using Memento Cocoa Ink to stamp the poinsettia in the medium size. The card is embellished with four strands of string, and the Poinsettia's are adhered using Pinflair.  I have drawn a freehand board around the edge and written the sentiment 'From our home to Yours' in brown fine 0.4 Stabilo pen.

I would like to enter this into the challenges;

Visible Image 3000 likes Competition - Create something with your favourite stamp - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.639193189544457&type=1

Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Travel theme (hence my sentiment) - http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/challenge-19-travel-theme.html

Sparkles Christmas Challenges - Challenge No. 51 - Use Kraft card - http://sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/ch51-use-kraft-card.html

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - No. 224 - Add texture - http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Dream Valley - Challenge 104 Let's Get Krafty! - Use Kraft card - http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/challenge-104-lets-get-krafty-use-kraft.html

Craft you Passion - Anything Goes - Challenge 257 - http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/challenge-257-always-anything-goes.html

My Craft Creations - Anything Goes - http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.co.uk/

Creative Blessings. x

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful I love this traditional design reds and greens are my Christmas favorite love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, gorgeous Christmas card love the poinsettia and the background. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never too early for Xmas cards hehe
    Green and red are my fave Xmas colour combo! Beautiful card!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy, this is absolutely gorgeous, I do love a poinsettia and these are fabulous especially love the background too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never to early to start your Christmas stash Tracy. Lovely card, design and detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy I can see why this is your favourite stamp and the card you have made is gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Tracy, the poinsettia stamp is gorgeous and I love how you've used it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poinsettias. Thanks so much for sharing at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stamp last year I used it to stamp on a candle it locked really nice . I love the way you add little extra colour and texture on the flower x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 224 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely use of the poinsettias. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for joining #257 challenge with Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog, hope to see you again this week! :)

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Christmas card. Nothing like starting early, lol

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles Christmas for my kraft themed challenge & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x