Friday, 29 May 2015

Passion Funds Audio Equipment

So last Friday I was in the local paper - eeek!  It was a photo, as well as my letter, of me handing over some personal CD players to The Macmillan Unit at the local hospital.

The Article
I had personal experience of the unit after a diagnosis of breast cancer in 2013.  I immersed myself in my passion for craft to keep positive and take my mind off the horrible side effects of the treatment. During my appointments for treatment and a stay in hospital I listened to audio books to pass the time.
My mum and I sold our cards, etc at the Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre.
Once my treatment was finished I decided to sell my cards, jewellery, etc to raise funds, half the money raised went to Breast Cancer Care and I used the other half to buy personal CD players for the rooms on the ward (so far I have bought 4 I have a further 7 to buy) and donated my audio books.

Me handing over one of the CD players.
I now spend a lot of time in my craft room making more cards to raise further funds whilst listening to more audio books.

I am really chuffed to have this published as my other passion is writing.

Creative Blessings. x



2 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy, I know a star now, someone famous.....great donation...we do things like that but never get in the papers....awesome photo too...nice to see a face to the name now.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x