Sunday, 14 June 2015

A New Chapter...

... needs a New Book!

A bestie of mine is moving away from the local area and I wanted to give her a gift with a difference. Like me she loves books so I thought I would give her a book that would turn out to be all about her "The Big Book of Amy..."

(I took this photo before I edged the letters in Vintage Photo distress ink and coloured the ribbon closure with a Graph It marker)
  • Scrapbook from Hobbycraft
  • Creata 12 x 12 papers
  • Coordinations card 


I have created one page in the scrapbook, it documents the day we visited the Kentwell Hall Mid-Summer Event.  I used a sheet of 12 x 12 from the Dovecraft Charcoal Prints collection.  I then took one of my photos of the main building in to Serif, blended it, printed on A3, trimmed it down and just kissed the edge with a hint of Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.

I distressed and aged the photos using Serif, and used embellishments from various Daisytrail digikits and did some journalling.  Instead of using brads to fix the tags I used double sided tape and card candi to avoid marking or damaging the other papers when the book is shut.

My friend was very pleased, and I can wait to see what she adds to it.

Creative Blessings, Tracy x

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a gift and a lovely keepsake of your day together

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely what a perfect keepsake love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliantly designed creation, the colours are just gorgeous.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project and what a great idea I m not surprised she was pleased crafty hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea Tracy who wouldn't be thrilled with such a lovely gft!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thoughtful gift that I think will be treasured . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a wonderful keepsake gift I am sure the recipient will treasure it
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute layout and fun design Tracy.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super fantastic treasure of a gift to give to your friend! She will love this x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is such a thoughtful gift she will always treasure xxSarahjaynexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy, this is a gorgeous gift that I'm sure will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creation for your friend Tracy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great idea and very thoughtful gift
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x