Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Altered Recipe Box

This recipe box was bought for me by my mum, it's great because it uses index cards and is compact.

I'm slowing transferring all my recipes, which are currently stored in a folder which has seen better days, to the cards.
A few of my recipes including one for Guilt Free Chocolate from my friend Amy!
However I felt compelled to give this little box bit of KD Soul!


I have used some of my favourite dies for this make, the Bakery dies from Noor! Design.  These are so quirky and different.  I have added some Tea Dye Distress Ink to the bread and croissant dies cuts.

The papers are also from the Noor! Design Bakery range.



The images are vintage freebies from Old Design Shop.


I have used Decopatch glue as it's a good strong glue and gives a slight varnish too.  I used an emery board to given a rough texture to the tin to help the glue stick.



Creative Blessings. x

I wish to enter this into the following challenge(s);

Quirky Crafts Challenges - K is for a Quirky Kitchen - http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-12-k-is-for-quirky-kitchen.html

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - June Challenge - http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/our-june-challenge.html

20 comments:

  1. Fab Tracy! Love those dies! Brilliant make over you are well organised :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brilliant project Tracy - love the unusual dies you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love the cute dies and papers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy, what a fantastic job you have done with your recipe box, love it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute idea, your recipe box turned out fabulous.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely idea this is, something to treasure, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy what a FAB idea, putting all your favourite recipes in this beautifully decorated box. You're done FAB make over and you should be so pleased with the result. Well done!

    Best wishes
    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant idea Tracy and fabulous decorations. but, an awful lot of work for you
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant project & useful too!
    Love the dies you've used & how you've used them!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have done a fantastic job on the tin it looks so inspiring beautifully done it will stand proud on the kitchen work top ell done x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fab alteration Tracey...I love it.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creatice Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracy this is fantastic what a lovely way to store your recipes. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant this is such a lovely project and so useful Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulously decorated box Tracy. The die-cuts look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous make Tracy brilliant idea and make over hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous recipe box - i want one just to look pretty in my kitchen (I hate cooking)Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spriit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  17. waow, you did make that very well... the Idea is brilliant.
    Thank you for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenge
    Greetings Geesje (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable Tracy - you really dressed it up! My fav part is the top! Thanks bunches for sharing at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. j.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x