Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Faery Ink Facebook Contest - Mermaids

I read a quote on Pinterest the other day "Always be yourself unless you can be a mermaid.  Then always be a mermaid." Mermaids are one of my favourite (fantasy) characters (95% of the seas is yet to be explored, so maybe we just haven't discovered mermaids yet!) so I was really pleased when I found out the theme for this month's Faery Ink Facebook Contest was Mermaids!

I have used Mermaid on the Rocks, don't forget to pop over to the blog to see my teamies creations using the other Mermaid images available.


  • Backing sheets from Under the Sea CD-rom by Debbi Moore, top sheet distressed with Hougie distress tool
  • Noor! Design Seashore and Under the Sea dies
  • Anna Marie Designs Kraft card and Creata Mirri board
  • Teasure chest cut from Under the Sea design sheet with added gems from my stash
  • White Gesso acrylic paint

Mermaid on the Rocks is coloured using the following Graph It markers;


Skin; 4120.4125, 4150, 4155, 4135, Lips; 5130, Eyes; 7119, Tail; 7210, 7220 7240, Hair; 9201, 9203, 9205, Rock; 1230.  I have added a tiny gem to her ear. 


Don't forget to join in the contest in the Facebook group.

I wish to enter this into the following challenge(s);

Noor! Design UK - Challenge #7 - Here comes the summer! http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.nl/2015/06/challenge-7-here-comes-summer.html

Creative Ladybirds Creations - Challenge #4 - Anything Goes - http://www.creativeladybirdscreations.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-4.html

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Challenge #10 - Anything Goes - http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/challenge-10.html

Scribble & Scrap - Challenge #45 - Anything Goes - http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/challenge-45.html

Creative Blessings. x

6 comments:

  1. Love the image and the scene you've created

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful make. It reminds me of a gorgeous collage that you make when you are younger. Stunning image.

    <3 and Hugs
    Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card your design is just amazing the colours are perfect fabulous card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card and fab coloring. Thanks for joining us at Scribble and Scrap xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey, love the under the sea scene you have created and I see you have put your dies to good use :) Thanks for joining us at Noor Design UK for our Here Comes Summer challenge.
    Tracy
    Owner Noor Design UK

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x