Saturday, 11 July 2015

Fathers' Day with Thomas Kinkade

Yay!  I am back in the land of blogging and will be making my way around your blogs over the next few days to catch up with all your fabby makes!

Due to packing and unpacking of boxes I didn't have time to schedule this post so I'm sharing it today.  It's the Father's Day card I made for my dad who along with my mum spent Fathers' Day moving some of our belongs to the new house!


The decoupage sheet is Joanna Sheen Thomas Kinkade, Natures Scenes - Emerald Valley from Foil Play.
My dad has a lot of Thomas Kinkade pictures especially the Christmas ones which come out every year and look stunning so I felt sure he would appreciate this little masterpiece.

I have used Anna Marie Designs Kraft Card for the base card and layered the image on Anna Marie Designs green card.



The wooden spade which I have distressed with Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress Ink and wrapped the handle with twine (from my stash) is from a pack of shapes from The Works, as are the hessian and wood piece.  I stamped DAD on the wooden oval using See D's stamps.  The leaves, peg and natural raffia are from my stash.

Creative Blessings. x

13 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome!! Love all the texture and those fab wood elements!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your new home! I love the card it is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy, I love Thoms Kinncade artwork and you have created a created a beautiful card . Love the scene and your design. Hugs Jennifer. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous what a stunning image and lovely design bet your Dad just loved receiving this great card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy it is good to see you back. Your card is gorgeous I love images by Thomas Kinkade. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card Tracy. I love the decoupaged image, it's so atmospheric. Congratulations on your move, I hope you'll be very happy in your new home and soon settle in xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Thomas Kinkade & you've done wonderful things with this image!
    Bet yur father was thrilled with it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back, Tracy, and hope all went well with the move, what an awesome card hun, Thomas Kinkade is just brilliant, love your added embellishments, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I bet your dad lo0ved it and welcome back. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving this card, everything goes together xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous 3d picture and a beautiful card Tracy
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x