Friday, 31 July 2015

Joy is a flower...

You might have spotted that I don't normally add sentiments to my cards, this is becuase I usually sell them so it's easy to add a particular sentiment if the buyer wants one or it means it can be used more than one occasion.  I realised whilst sort my stamps in their new homes in my craft room that I have quite a few sentiments, a lot of which have not been used - slapped wrists for me!  So I challenged myself to design a card around a sentiment, and I'm entering it into the Noor! Design blog challenge - Something Old, Something New.  I like unique sentiment stamps and I think this "Joy is a flower that blooms when you do" (new) from Bee Crafty  is perfect for lots of types of celebrations or just to cheer someone up.


The sentiment is stamped and embossed, distressed with Tim Holtz Milled Lavender Distress Ink and painted with Milled Lavender Distress Crackle Paint and edged with TH Seedless Preserve DI.

I have used the outside of the Noor! Design die (old) to frame the sentiment, this is also coloured with TH Milled Lavender and Seedless Preserve DI.  It is matted and layered on to patterned paper from my stash (old), again edged with TH Seedless Preserve DI.

The base is another piece of paper from my stash (old) measuring 8x8 inches.  For the base card I trimmed down a sheet of A3 card.

 I have embellished the card with ribbon (old), pins (new), brads (old) & a button (old)...
 a resin flower (new), material flowers (old)...
 Noor! Design die cut flowers (some new some old) & leaves (new)...
3D sticker flowers (old), Phill Martins Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Lavender Pearlescent PVA (old) and Noor! Design vintage border die (old).

All the papers are from my stash (old) and mostly off cuts from larger sheets.

Creative Blessings. x

I wish to enter this into the following challenge(s);

Noor! Design - Something New, Something Old - Challenge 8 -  http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.nl/2015/07/challenge-8-something-old-something-new.html

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - July - Anything goes as long patterned paper is used. - http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-july.html

Crafting with an Attitude - Anythings Goes - Challenge 5 - http://craftingwithanattitude.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/challenge-5.html

Penny's Challenges - Use ribbon or twine - Challenge 238 - http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-238.html

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes - Challenge 272 - http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/challenge-272-always-anything-goes.html

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment its such a pretty card the colours and embellishments are all fab Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifull,elegant card. Lovely colours.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Hope we see you again and good luck.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely detail and sentiment.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pretty colours & pretty flowers Tracy! Lov eit!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an pretty card! I love the colors and the details! Thanks for sharing at Crafting with an Attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Tracy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x